Monday, June 6, 2011

Yumminess

Ok, so we had something like these at a wedding last weekend. At the wedding, they had bacon wraps and inside was duck, cream cheese and jalapeño pepper. I think they were cooked on the grill... they were AMAZING! If you have never tried duck, it is pretty tasty. I do not eat it often, but my favorite place to get it is at Zea's in Mobile, AL. Anyway, last night I made boneless BBQ ribs in the oven (with my homemade BBQ sauce I learned from my Nana :) And today, I saw we had everything in the fridge to make a snack like the duck appetizer we had at the wedding (but I substituted pork for the duck). So, I sliced some of the rib meat and spread cream cheese on bacon slices. Then, I placed the rib meat on the bacon, along with a slice of jalapeño pepper... I then rolled them up and (normally would stick a toothpick in to hold it together, but I was out) and stuck them in a 450 degree oven. I left them in there for about ten minutes, and then turned the oven to broil for about 3 to 5 min. They came out crisp and delicious! I figure you can make the same appetizer with any meat... I am thinking venison will be good, chicken, duck of course as well as pork. I think we will serve these at every BBQ we have now! They are so scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you guys! Drop me a line here!