Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DIY Projects!

Hello,
I have been busy doing some redecorating around our house and a lot of it has been DIY. I hit up our local Goodwill to look for frames. I found some decent ones and I spray painted them with a metallic bronze spray paint from Valspar from Lowes to make them fit better into our living room. 

Then I pulled Blaise into Hobby Lobby - his favorite place in the world (wink, wink) to help me pick out foliage for a big vase we have in the living room because HL was having a 50% off sale (on pretty much everything in the store, p.s. it is still going on now). So the living room is pretty much done.... except for the curtains, I want new ones and I think I am going to attempt to make those as well....but we will see on that one. We also purchased new cabinet knobs for our bathroom and kitchen (all 50% off as well at HL). I have a plan to re-do the cabinets as well... I have the idea and plan in my head, I can't wait to see it executed!




The other frames I bought from goodwill and some we already had (fro Michael's) I spray painted green to go in my son's room. I am doing his room in a forest animal theme, so  decided to try and make baby Forest animal silhouettes.... I think they turned out cute, what do you think? I know one thing, they are staying in his room for a while, lol, they were not easy! 

 Baby Deer
 Hedgehog
 Hare

Oh and I have to say I LOVE RichTex Fabrics on County Rd. 13 between Daphne and Fairhope, AL. I got this adorable Hooty owl fabric to make my son some pillows for his bed and I think the owls are just precious and fit right in with the forest theme. I am also trying to get my son, Rowan, a growth chart made... I made Blaise go with me to Lowes to pick out a 6ftx1ft piece of wood so I can get started on it. He wasn't happy when I told him we had to fit it in the back of his car, haha. I haven't started on that yet, but I hope to sometime this weekend. I cannot wait to get everything pulled together so I can post pics of his room and the living room! But for now, enjoy the ones of the process :)

Here is the Hooty fabric from RichTex :
I can't wait to make his pillows! So I better get to work!
Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you guys! Drop me a line here!